BLACK HAWK COUNTY GAMING ASSOCIATION (BHCGA) GRANT
This is grant that is offered to Lowa Nonprofit Agencies, and Educational Organizations for Programs that benefit the entire community. The funds are mainly targeted to programs that serve residents in Black hawk country where applicants are expected to submit letters of intent as they prepare to make full applications.
The board of directors of the Black Hawk County Gaming Association are intending to growing and creating conducive environment to live for the Cedar Valley. The emphasize is heavily put on particular areas on proposals letters that enhance public facilities, create, replace or upgrade the capital or that create new opportunities that never exist in the community.
The priority is given to applicant that utilize and maximize the available resources by collaborating with other organizations in the community. The applicant should also demonstrate the ability of sustaining the business without requesting for more funds from the grant company in future.
Types of Programs, projects and activities to be considered
– Improvements of capital
– grants challenge
– Charitable programs
– operating requests (but not in consecutive years)
– Public works projects
– Projects that provide tax relief for cities and countries
– Projects that are meant for transformation
Nature of the project
- The project must be started and completed as per the proposal presented if failed the board might be forced to suspend future payments and may demand back the funds.
- The project should mainly benefit the public in the entire society and not private individuals or organizations.
- The project is able to stand on their own merit.
- The applicants must be from public agencies, educational organizations or no from profits organization
- Only grants from Black Hawk are considered for the funds
The application process is as follows
- Online grant system opens for January 2, 2023
- Intent letter be submitted by February 1, 2023
- Grant application to submitted by , march 15, 2023
- Awarding grants to be done by May 17, 2023
- All applications are submitted online through grants management system where you will be notified to continue with the process if eligible.
- Applications must be in the hands of associates by the close of business (4.30 pm) on deadlines indicated for reviewing
- Letter of intent must be submitted before any other application
- Upon meeting the guidelines, you will receive an email notification on full instructions on how to apply.
You are advised to review the funding sources in the following website before making any step of application;
For more information contact the following addresses:
Beth Knipp, Executive Director-
Sarah Craft, project Coordinator-
Black Hawk County Gaming
425 Cedar Street, Suite 300 A
Waterloo, IA 50701