Grants to New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey nonprofit organizations in eligible regions for programs that benefit women and girls. Applicants are required to contact program staff prior to applying. Funding is intended to support cultural, educational, and social service organizations that promote academic, artistic, athletic, job skills, life skills, and/or leadership abilities of girls and women. Funded activities will serve the New York Metropolitan area and surrounding counties.
The Foundation makes three (3) types of grants:
- Seed money for start-up organizations or start-up programs,
- One-time grants to solve a problem or build capacity, or
- Renewable ongoing support. In certain situations, the Foundation will entertain a multi-year request to follow a cohort of participants through a program.
The Patrina Foundation is presently concentrating its funding in the New York Metropolitan area and surrounding counties. The Patrina Foundation supports girls’ and womens’ organizations in the Greater New York City area.
Grants are made exclusively to tax-exempt organizations, with the exception of private foundations. Grantees are primarily educational, cultural, and social service organizations that promote academic, artistic, athletic, job skills, life skills, and/or leadership abilities of girls and women. Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status. They must be not-for-profit organizations.
The Foundation does not fund individuals.
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Due to COVID-19, the application process has changed. Please contact the Executive Director about submitting a grant application.
– Step 1: Please call or email Kara D’Angelo to discuss your grant application and obtain a Registration Key.
– Step 2: Download the application guidelines, and follow the instructions precisely.
– Step 3: Create a grant proposal and collect supporting documents
– Step 4: Complete the registration form
Organizations may only apply for funding once a year, except through a Board request.