The FOR THE LOVE OF BLACK GIRLS™ Scholarship Fund is a need-based and academic-based award offered by the Uniquely You Summit to alleviate financial burdens for Black girls as they continue their education.
Shaleah Laché Sutton founded the institution in 2009 and initiated the Uniquely You Summit for Girls, a one-of-a-kind yearly platform in the larger Philadelphia region where a lot of Black girls between 11 to 18 take part in the conversation.
Shaleah has continued to broaden her dedication to Black girls by developing new channels, such as Conversations #ForTheLoveOfBlackGirls, which are peer-led for high school girls. They analyze the social and political imbalances that genuinely impact their households, neighborhoods, and education institutions using their voices.
The cohort’s mission is to support black girls in becoming involved, committed, as well as impactful free thinkers who can change not just their neighborhood, but the globe. The #WhatIKnowNow fundraising activity episode, which includes worthy-of-note representatives such as Deesha Dyer and Sheryl Lee Ralph, evaluates issues concerning the Black woman’s way of life.
Eligibility Requirements For The Love of Black Girls Scholarship
- You ought to be a recently graduated high school senior in 2023.
- A 3.25 GPA is required (or higher on a 4.0 scale).
- Outstanding Community Service and Leadership.
- The candidate must have exhibited great participation and/or governance in school activities, sports, and/or civic organizations.
- The candidate should have a track record of community work and governance.
- Candidate should be enrolled in a certified four-year college/university and pursuing a B.S. or B.A. degree.
Checklist of Supporting Documentation
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required:
- One (1) recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor
- One (1) recommendation from a community leader
- The latest transcript with the current grade point average (GPA).
- The candidate should respond to all 5 essays within that application.
- Completes the Financial Aid Analyzer.
- Please submit a copy of the Financial Aid Award Letters from all of the programs listed on the Analyzer.
How to Apply For The Love of Black Girls Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, simply go to the scholarship page email@example.com and fill out the required forms. Any omitted or inaccurately forwarded details will invalidate you. Qualified candidates (and potentially their guardians) might be invited to take part in a digital question-and-answer session.
When you are offered the scholarship, money will be allocated to the educational institution of your choice. If you have any issues or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.