The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students is given to five disadvantaged and marginalized minority (URM) students who have been approved for a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program within the 2022 – 2023 educational year OR who were matriculated in their initial (P1) year of the professional stage of a PharmD degree course during the 2021 – 2022 educational year.
URM pharmacy students are U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander. Winners will need to show leadership skills, academic achievement, as well as a dedication to the advancement of the pharmacy profession and clinical services.
Every winner will obtain an $8,000 scholarship. To support pharmacy training and enhance care delivery, the AACP and CVS Health are dedicated to nurturing and embracing society and helping to promote freedom of perspectives, background, viewpoint, as well as expertise.
Eligibility Requirements for CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Pharmacy Scholarship
The mentioned conditions must be satisfied by eligible candidates:
- Acknowledged candidates have to be welcomed into a PharmD program for the 2022-2023 educational year OR enlisted as a first-year (P1) PharmD student at an ACPE pre-candidate, applicant, or certified AACP participating educational establishment during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Students signed up in a 0-6 curriculum who satisfy the following requirements are worthy of consideration: a P2 (out of P6) trainee or a P3 (out of P6) trainee during the 2021-2022 educational year.
- The student needs to be a URM. URM individuals in pharmacy are defined by the AACP as black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander students who also are permanent residents or citizens of the United States.
- Students should also show leadership, educational achievement, as well as a dedication to the advancement of the pharmacy profession as well as clinical services.
- The current degree program requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Candidates from colleges and universities with different scoring systems may still apply for the bursary.
- Students have to submit a finished application.
- If a bursary is offered to a pharmacy student who has been approved but has not yet enlisted, the award will be presented to the educational establishment after the person has begun lessons in the PharmD curriculum.
How to Apply for CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Pharmacy Scholarship
To apply, you must first determine your eligibility. You can verify your qualifications by visiting the scholarship website or contacting the scholarship company.
You can apply online if you are qualified to apply. You must include details regarding your educational qualification, objectives, and aspirations, as well as why you think you are a strong choice for the CVS Pharmacy Scholarship. You may be expected to send letters of reference as well.
If this is the case, please request that your professors as well as friends send texts on your behalf. You should also write a private essay explaining why you should get a CVS Pharmacy Scholarship. If you are chosen for the CVS Pharmacy scholarship, you will be notified of the interview date.