Opportunity for Wisconsin Black-led start-up companies in eligible locations to participate in a business accelerator program. Participating companies will receive funding, mentorship, and other benefits. Start-ups from any stage of development may apply. Applications are accepted from startups across the globe. However, gener8tor requires that at least one founder from each startup be located in Milwaukee for the duration of the program.
The investment priorities for Northwestern Mutual Black Founder Accelerator, Powered by gener8tor are aligned with Northwestern Mutual Future Venture’s key strategic areas of focus:
- Building for consumers’ changing financial preferences
- Reimagining the client experience
- The digital health revolution, and
- Transformational analytics and technologies
Deal Terms: $100K cash investment directly into your current round (if raising) or uncapped convertible note (if not currently raising). This accelerator does not take a predetermined amount of equity upfront.
Participating Companies Receive:
- $100,000 investment directly into your current round (if raising) or uncapped convertible note (if not currently raising).
- Office space within Northwestern Mutual’s Cream City Labs.
- Twelve weeks of individualized coaching and mentorship from the gener8tor team during bi-weekly, one-on-one meetings.
- One-on-one meetings with 100+ mentors including serial entrepreneurs, industry experts and investors.
- Weekly cohort programming featuring topics including understanding market size, choosing a revenue model, and how to pitch investors.
- Exclusive Premiere Night reception during which participating companies have the opportunity to pitch to an audience of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and community members.
- Opportunity to build relationships within the cohort of five companies, and the community of gener8tor alumni.
- $1M + in deals and perks from vendors like IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Amazon, PayPal, Zendesk and Microsoft.
Who can apply?
A company with respect to which: (i) one or more individuals with the title of “Founder”, “Co-Founder” or “CEO” identifies as Black or African American; (ii) at least twenty percent (20%) of the equity ownership interests are held by one more or more individuals who identify as Black or African American; and (iii) such individuals have a significant role in the decision-making process.
What stage startups should apply?
Northwestern Mutual Black Founder Accelerator, Powered by gener8tor accepts companies from napkin stage through post-revenue.
Companies must also fit within the investment priorities of Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source’s website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.