African-American Grant Resources Information:
AfricanAmericanGrants.org has a list of grant resources that you may find quite helpful in applying for grants. These resources range from foundation grants application templates, grant writing tips, proposal development, and more.
The question therefore is: What type of Grant is Right for Your Agency?
These are the questions that you need to ask before proceeding with applying for grants.
- Do you meet the full eligibility requirements as described in the application?
- What type of grants are you applying for?
- What projects has this agency funded in the most recent past grant cycles?
- What is the typical, average award from this agency?
- Does the agency require a Letter of Intent?
- What are the deadlines for submitting proposals to this agency?
- Do you need to register with this agency prior to application?
- What documents must you have in your possession to apply?
- Do you need a DUNS Number to apply for this grant?
Foundation Grants for New Business Owners. Learn How To Apply For Business Grants
Have You Registered with SAM, the System for Award Management? The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register at no cost directly from this page. Register here obtaining a DUNS Number?
Check to see if you already have a DUNS number Federal government requires that all applicants for Federal grants and cooperative agreements with the exception of. individuals other than sole proprietors have a DUNS number. The Federal government will use the DUNS number to better identify related organizations that are receiving funding under grants and cooperative agreements and to provide consistent name and address data for electronic grant applications. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/duns_num_guide.pdf
Grant Proposal Templates
General Tips on Writing a Competitive Grant Proposal & Budget
Funding Your Best Ideas: A 12-Step Program
Proposal Development Guide
How to Increase Your Chance of Being Awarded a Grant
For more helpful grant resources, click here.