COVID-19 EMERGENCY RENTAL AND MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
This is the grant for Michigan low-income individuals located in eligible areas. The applicants should be in need of financial assistance to pay for their bills such as rent or mortgage due to COVID-19 health crisis. The grant is provided by the city of East Lansing which has located CDBG-CV funds to provide support for the residents who are facing financial hardships due to current situation.
The payment is made direct to property manager or to the Landlord of rental premises or Mortgage Company on behalf of the applicant. The program pays up to one month bills with the possibility of an extension of another two months after the application. This is to prevent any eviction due to miss payment. The grant means:
- Rent payment (includes land contract payments, mobile home lot rent, late fees, court costs)
- Mortgage payment and/or association fees.
- Income/employment of the applicant must have been affected by the pandemic beginning march 1, 2020 or later.
- The hardship that renders the household unable to pay rent or mortgage must be COVID related.
- The bills must be past due a minimum of one month.
- Rent or mortgage assistance payment must bring the balance owed current.
- Applicants must be current legal residence of the city of East Lansing with the proof of ID that matches the address on the lease or mortgage statement.
- You may only apply for rent or mortgage assistance related to one primary property.
- Applicants must have a household income at or 80% AMI as defined by HUD at the time of application.
- Only one application per household is accepted.
- Applicant must sign an agreement ensuring there are no other local, statute, federal or other charitable resources paying for the same rent or mortgage assistance.
The first come, first qualified will be served first. The applications are accepted till the funds are exhausted. Before contacting Capital Area Housing Partnership (CAHP), make sure to do your calculations for your current monthly income and total expenses.
Feedback of application will be provided in 7-14 business days depending on various factors.
Agency type: Local
Deadline date: 09/30/22
Estimate amount: up to $2,000 for three consecutive months max.
Applicant is advice to review the funding source before starting application through the following link https://updates/changes/addendums/conferer and contact Capital Area Housing Partnership (CAHP) at 517-332-4663 or via email at email@example.com.
Application can be submitted through the above email or be dropped at:
Capital Area Housing Partnership
(Neighborhood Empowerment Center)
600W. Maple Street Suite D,
Lansing, MI 48906